G. Milde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 29.11.07, Scott wrote:
> > I am using a book class (koma-script) but when printed my document I
> > found the title wasn't on a separate page but on page 1. That means the
> > title page is on the left when you open a book but not on the cover!
>
> In all books I know, odd pages are on the right. Also, KOMA book
> supports an additional "Schmutztitel" -- see the comprehensive
> documentation in scrguide.pdf (German) or scrguien.pdf (English) that
> normally comes with the KOMA classes.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I meant the title page shouldn't be numbered,
should it? In my case it is, so that the toc has to start in page 3.

Also as odd number pages are on the right, shouldn't there be a bigger margin on
the left of the page for binding? Why it looks the right margin is bigger than
the left one in odd number pages?

> > There isn't a such problem with the original book class which I just
> > switched from.
>
> This corresponds to the well know "theorem of the conservation of
> difficulties", you will be trading old problems for new...
>
> > Second problem with this book class (koma-script) was there are lots of
> > empty pages when printed. For example my toc finishes in page 3 but
> > page 4 doesn't have anything but a "content" header, and then the
> > following chapter starts in page 5. Can I delete these empty pages?
>
> Chapters always start at odd (right side) pages in KOMA book if the
> twoside option is on.

Thanks for this. Anther thing is that if I use the chapterprefix option, my
chapter two will lose its way by starting in a even page. All the other chapters
are OK. I've no idea what's going on there and please don't suggest me not to
use chapterprefix.