Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I grabbed the file from the bug report that you said 1.4.4 could import
> but 1.5.3 could not.  On my box (LyX 1.5.3, XP Home), I can import it
> (using File -> Import -> LaTeX (plain).  I get a bunch of warnings about
> unrecognized commands and such (presumably because I'm not designating a
> document class), but I do not get the "something went wrong" error you
> encountered.
>
> I repeated the conversion from the command prompt and captured the
> output from the error stream.  Again, it produced a loadable (if not
> necessarily correct) LyX file.
>
> /Paul

Then I guess that it maybe has something with my computers configuration to
do. This is my work computer, and I do not have administrator rights on it,
but some limited rights. For example, I can install and uninstall some
software, but not all. Could it be the cause of the problem?

What should I do to get a more detailed error report form LyX?

Andreas