assasukasse wrote:
Hi everyone
i am a new user, i am writing my degree thesis in lyx since i don't want to use Word (the results with lyx are far better) However i incurred in 3 problem that i need to solve if i want to make EVERYthing in lyx:

  1. I should use a particular position for the inscription of the
     first page, the title should be in the middle, and the authors
     should be on the left and right...Title works fine, but authors
     wants to put in the middle as well...I tried to use standard, but
     then they switch to the next page..this is unacceptable. So i need
     to know how can i force them to be all in the same page, or how to
     relax the restrictions on the position of text for the Author field.
If you search the archives, you'll find a lot on this. Generally, the view is that title pages are best configured manually, rather than using LaTeX's built-in title pages.

  2. I don't want the date to be added automatically at the end of
     every chapter i make, how can i remove it?
This depends in part upon what document class you are using. But something like
   \date{}
should just set the date to an empty string.
  3. seems to me that defskip, smallskip, bigskip don't work usually
     unless i "protect" them...is this fine?
Where are you trying to put them?

rh