On Sunday 24 February 2008 17:35, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here are two small LyX files. The only difference is that in bug2.lyx the
> labels come last inside the floats, whereas in bug.lyx the labels come
> first. bug2.lyx works (after a couple view->pdf, but bug.lyx never works
> (at least on my 1.5.3). I'm attaching the files and the two images they
> use, so that you all can be aware of this little gotcha.
>
> Or, if it's only happening on my system, maybe we can exploit the
> differences to find out why.
>
> Thanks

Steve,

I get the same results as you with these examples, though I'm using 1.5.1
rather than 1.5.3.

But I always put the label inside the caption of the float, and have never had
this problem.  As the caption is what is actually numbered, I think that is
the logical place to put the label.

A few minutes ago I completed a 66 page document with 235 figures, almost all
of them labeled and cross-referenced, and while I have not done a final
proof-read I do not think I have an error in any of those references.

Les