Jennifer Brookes wrote:
Thanks for your reply, thing is, the page I want without a number contains a large table (hence a clash with the number) which I do not want to reduce in size. When I insert ERT "\thispagestyle{empty}" just before the table lyx takes the page number off the previous page, and if I place it just after, lyx takes the page number off the next page, but not the page containing the table. If I place the latex command within the table figure, I get errors that the document is damaged. Please can you help?
I see the same problem, except that I don't get the
error mentioned. (The desired effect is not achieved though.)

Here is how I did it.
One the page before the table, put:
\thispagestyle{plain}\pagestyle{empty}

Explanation:
The \pagestyle{empty} will make this page
and all following pages numberless. So, the table
page will be numberless. Since you don't want the page
before the table numberless, compensate that with \thispagestyle{plain}.

On the page after the table, put:
\pagestyle{plain}
in order to enable numbers again from that page and
all the rest.

If "plain" isn't what you want, subsitute "headings",
"myheadings", or "fancy". I.e. the same as you
have in document settings.

Helge Hafting