I've recently upgraded my pc's (two laptops and one desktop) from slackware 10.2 to 12.0. I looked at the existing packages for lyx. As I could not find anything more recent then 1.5.0, I decided to build the last stable version on my desktop pc using the appropriate Slackbuild. So, I compiled qt4 (4.3.3) during one day and lyx 1.5.4 during the following night. I installed the resulting packages on my laptop and was quite happy to see that the time spent on compiling was not lost since lyx 1.5.4 was running perfectly. Today I installed the same packages on my desktop (where they were created), and I got a SIGSEGV on lyx startup. The software packages on my desktop and on my laptop are almost identical since I loaded them recently. The hardware is quite old: a Pentium III 500MHz with 256M for the laptop and a Duron 700MHz with 512M for the desktop.

Any idea of what's might be wrong there?

TIA
--
jean-marie pacquet
Setting debug level to init

Initializing LyX::init...
About to read lyxrc.dist... Not found.
About to read lyxrc.defaults... Found in /home/jmpacquet/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults
About to read lyxrc.dist... Not found.
About to read preferences... Not found.
About to read encodings and unicodesymbols...
About to read languages...
Reading layouts...
About to read default...
Found default in /usr/share/lyx/./ui/default.ui
About to read stdmenus.inc...
Found stdmenus.inc in /usr/share/lyx/./ui/stdmenus.inc
About to read stdtoolbars.inc...
Found stdtoolbars.inc in /usr/share/lyx/./ui/stdtoolbars.inc
LyX tmp dir: `/tmp/lyx_tmpdir14018o0vN6a'
Reading session information '.lyx/session'...
Initializing LyX::init...done
Initializing key mappings...
Menu warning: menu entries "Échanger Colonnes|e" and "Copier Colonne|e" share
the same shortcut.
Adding standard at position 0 0
Adding view/update at position 0 0
Adding extra at position 0 0
Adding review at position 0 0
Adding table at position 0 0
Adding math_panels at position 0 0
Adding math at position 0 0
Adding minibuffer at position 0 0

lyx: SIGSEGV signal caught
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX. Please read the bug-reporting instructions
in Help->Introduction and send us a bug report, if necessary. Thanks !
Bye.