> I wonder, whether there is a lyx function that can be used to place the
> cursor in the relevant line.

one possibility would be use paragraph-goto but it will be quite tricky
to get the right number of paragraph. not every indexing number here has its
own counter part in visible document etc...

> (There is a function called "server-goto-file-row", however, I did not find
> out what exactly it is supposed to do or what arguments it expects.)

purpose of this function is to set the cursor based on the given TeX source row.
so other possibility would be to do your grep over generated tex file and pass
the result via this function.

pavel