Hello everybody,

I'm using LyX on a daily basis for all my writings at university and like it very much. Meanwhile, I have also experimented a lot with customization of LaTeX and how to do all that in LyX. I like the idea of users helping other users. But I find it quite uncomfortable to use a mailing list. I had a subscription for a while but got way too many emails each day and ended up deleting them without reading them. Then I tried the RSS-feed, but it only features author name and subject title – not enough info. Then I tried to use search engines – but got a lot of old topics not related to current versions of LyX.

Somehow, I find it difficult to use mailing lists, maybe I am a too young computer and internet user but I can not see a single advantage. So I tried to look around for LyX discussion boards but can't find any. Do you know of any? Or is there any possibility to read the list in Google Groups (where I can have a sort of-discussion board-view)? Is a discussion board on LyX maybe planned? Or, is there any good application to read and participate in mailing lists?

Kind regards,

Max
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for details.