Steve Litt wrote:

I'll do that if I can't find the command containing the current font, but \begingroup and \endgroup don't nest. My real hope was to implement a stack, push the current font on the stack, set the new font, write the text, then pop the old font off the stack and reset the current font to it. That way I could nest environments and character styles ad-infinitum, and also, it would just be so kewl!

What about starting in normal font then {\footnotesize shrinking the font and {\tiny maybe shrinking even more, then } restoring the smaller size and eventually } the normal size? The braces need to be in ERT, along with the font commands. I think the same should work for other font commands (family, shape, ...), and AFAIK they're nestable.

/Paul