Hi.
I'm importing a Latex file that has accented letters written in the old
encoding scheme (OT1) way: \'{a} \'{e} \'{\i} \c{c} \~{a}, etc.

I want to import this file into LyX, make the necessary changes and then
export it back to Latex.

The problem is that almost all accented letters are automatically converted to
the new encoding scheme (T1) (á é í ç ã, etc), but I'd like to have them
still written in the old way.

What I tried to do is set the TeX encoding in Tools -> Preferences... ->
Outputs -> Latex to OT1 before importing the .tex file.  When I export the
modified text back to Latex, the preamble has the following instructions:

\usepackage[OT1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}

as expected, but the accented letters in the text come out in the new
encoding, insted of the old, as I wished.

Anyone knows of some workaround for this?

Thanks.
--
Rudi Gaelzer
Department of Physics