Andre Bonhote wrote:
Hi

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my previous mail :-(

I'd like to alter the "part" in a way that LyX inserts a page break
before each "part". Can I set this in the .layout file somehow? A
pointer to some documentation would be fine.

This is done by your document class, and I can't myself think of any LaTeX class that doesn't issue \clearpage before beginning a new Part. Of course, it won't that way on screen: LyX has no concept of pages, really. But it will look that way in the output...if that's how the LaTeX class handles it. So View>DVI and see what you get.

rh