rgheck wrote:

This works as intended for the dvi/ps/pdf versions. I guess I am being greedy, but if only I could make LyX display the theorems with a sequential numbering, instead of prepending the subsection number to the theorem....
Try the attached. You'll get a warning about counter redefinition, but it works.

Thanks, but it works and it doesn't : The theorems are displayed in LyX with sequential numbering, but when I try to compile the file into dvi using Ctrl-D, I get the same error as before : \theoremstyle is not defined.

--Philip