In a Koma-Script report, adding these two lines in ERT just before the
Bibliography widget works for me. It also adds the References page number to
the Table of Contents at the Section size and indentation level. The first
line is slightly different from what Rich suggested, and I did not test his
suggestion.

\renewcommand\bibname{References}
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{References}

As Uwe noted, whether this works may vary depending on what document class
you are using.

>> My problem is that I need to name this section
>> "References" instead of "Bibliography". Is there a way to remove to
>> automatic header so I could use my own?
>
> When you are using a book or report class, add this to your document
> preamble:
>
> \usepackage[english]{babel}
> \addto\captionsenglish {\renewcommand{\bibname}{References}}
>
> When you are using an article clas, use
>
> \usepackage[english]{babel}
> \addto\captionsenglish {\renewcommand{\refname}{References}}
>
> When your document language is e.g. Frech, replace "english" by "french"
> in the above commands.

-----
David Hewitt
Virginia Institute of Marine Science