On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Dov Feldstern wrote:

Based on your example, I would strongly recommend that you look into http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/ --- it's a wonderful tool, and it looks to me like it may be just what you're looking for.

Dov,

  Thank you for the recommendation. But, I don't see why I want to put html
code in my python application in order to produce .tex files. Or write xml.
I see the value of the templater for web applications and unstructured
reports. However, that's not what I need.

  The sample code I posted needs to be placed precisely on the page so the
pairs are aligned with a row of bubbles on the OMR form.

  Other reports need to incorporate plots with the text. Perhaps Cheetah
_could_ do this, but the learning curve and attempts to bend it to our needs
would consume the time it would take me to hand write the LaTeX code.

Rich