Am 07.04.2008 um 11:44 schrieb G. Milde:
Dear LyX users,

for my thesis, I define a set of about 20 math-macros that reside in a
well commented file math-macros.lyx that is included by the document
file(s).

When I open the document file before opening the math-macro.lyx file, all macros will be shown as ERT. Unfortunately, they remain in ERT even after
opening math-macro.lyx later on (either via File>Recent Files or
automatically as a result of View>Postscript).

I experimented with cut-and-paste of the macro definitions in a LyX- Note
at the beginning of the document. However, this bloats the file and
keeping it in sync is a pain.

Does anyone else experiment this kind of problem?
Are there proposed workarounds?

Yes, wait for 1.6. It will come with a completely rewritten macro system, see here:

  http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX16#toc12

You are very welcome to try out the development version and report problems with the macros. I use them extensively for my own thesis, but some more testing would be very welcome. The alpha2 should be out soon if you don't want to compile from source yourself.

Stefan