On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:29 PM, David Hewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  How do you change the numbering of table and figure floats to include the
>  appendix letter. E.g.,
>
>  In Appendix A, I would like Table A1 rather than a continuous numbering
>  system from the main text. I looked around at the appendix package and in
>  the LyX Docs and came up empty.
>
>  -----
>  David Hewitt
>  Research Fishery Biologist, USGS Klamath Falls Field Station (Oregon, USA)
>  -and-
>  Student, Virginia Institute of Marine Science
>  http://www.vims.edu/fish/students/dhewitt/
>  --

If you enable the AMS math option in the document settings and then put:

\numberwithin{figure}{section}

in your appendix it puts the figures in an A.# format, but it doesn't
restart the numbering. If you put this in the preamble it would number
all figures per section but I'm assuming this is not what you're
looking for. Maybe someone else knows how to reset the numbering of
figures.

Cheers,
/Bob