On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Miguel Daniel Rodríguez Magarzo wrote:

Images are usual, a great many in my texts, since they are necessary
needed by the text. They are sketch, diagrams, graphics, draws, etc...
made with The Gimp most of the times, also some formed images caught
over there or even scanned, whatever...

Daniel,

  The GIMP creates bit-mapped images; LyX/TeX work with vector images.

First, I saved everything in the .png format, and after resizing, etc...
properly with The Gimp and the image was really ready, just went to Lyx
Insert image.

  A better converter is ImageMagick's 'convert.' Read 'man convert' for
details.

Then, I don't know if I read something here or wherever..., about saving
in .eps format. I thought it would make sense (because of postscript,
TeX, etc...), so I tried (with The Gimp too), was OK and then all images
were converted to .eps, but going to LyX > Insert Image (as before).

  I've used .png and .jpg bit-mapped images in LyX documents with no
problems.

This way needs the permanent existence of a folder with the set of images
for each document, right. On the other hand, I read in the CTAN,
documentation, ... that there is a package to INCLUDE the own image (eps)
inside the document, that is, as a built-in of the document. Am I right?

  I don't understand the above. Normally, one would keep graphic image files
in the same directory as the text files. You can, however, create a
subdirectory below the one with the text files and keep your images there.

If the above is right, my question: What's the difference? Is there a
difference in terms of quality, an advantage, ...or just is a question
about "comfort"?

  Vector images scale; bit-mapped images don't. The lines on vector images
are cleaner and sharper than those of bit-mapped images. The format depends
on the content of the image. You can use either with a LyX/LaTeX/TeX
document.

Rich