El mar, 08-04-2008 a las 10:52 +0200, Filippo Zangheri escribió:

> Miguel Daniel Rodríguez Magarzo ha scritto:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > Honestly, I hope to get to explain good enough. The issue is very
> > simple.
> >
> > What I've done until now in order to sorting this out has been just
> > taping in the preamble, inside "\rhead{}", the string I wanted to be
> > appeared there (using the fancyhdr). But how to do if I want the same
> > result using code?
> >
> > I've tried several combinations, but without results. Actually, I never
> > knew much what I  was really doing, since I know nothing about LaTeX,
> > but the "try and error" method didn't gave me a only chance either.
> >
> > In a pdf document ("Page layout in LaTeX", Piet van Oostrum, Utrecht
> > University, 2004), page 10, it shows several examples of this, more...
> > what I wanted was there... !!!, __just__ the third from the end, very
> > simple:
> >
> > \renewcommand{\chaptermark}[1]{%
> >  \markboth{#1}{}}
>
> Hi Miguel,
>
> Try using the syntax below, maybe you are not using \leftmark?
>
> \usepackage{fancyhdr}
> \pagestyle{fancy}
> \renewcommand{\chaptermark}[1]{\markboth{#1}{}}
> \fancyhead[ER,OR,EL,OL]{}
> \fancyhead[EC,OC]{Your Name\hfill \leftmark}
>
> As a note, if you find that header font is too small, you can always
> do: \begin{large} <your header here> \end{large} .
>
> Greetings.
>

> - --
> Filippo Zangheri

Thank you for your suggestion, Filippo.

I've tried with that, removing much of the lines I had in the preamble;
this is what is there at the moment:

\AtBeginDocument{%
\addto\captionsspanish{%
\renewcommand{\chaptername}{Tema }%
}}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}
\renewcommand{\chaptermark}[1]{\markboth{#1}{}}
\fancyhead[ER,OR,EL,OL]{}
\fancyhead[EC,OC]{Biología\hfill \leftmark}
\cfoot{\thepage}

This code works, since:
        a. To the left of each page, heading, appears the string wanted.
        b. To the right of the same page, heading, takes place the title of the
chapter, as desired, but...

        1. There is a minor detail, a difference in relation to what I wanted:
it appears in upper case letters; I didn't wanted in that way, but lower
case letters except the first, e.g. Nucleic acids, not NUCLEIC ACIDS.
        2. Besides, now a new (big) fail has appeared: the number page is the
"1" in all pages of the master document. Much probably this has to do
with the ERT that I had placed at the beginning of each document
(child), just after the chapter, this one:

\setcounter{page}{1}

This did let me to obtain a desired effect: to reset page numbers when
starting each chapter. I know this practise is not much common, but for
some materials it reveals to be very practical (specially for pupils).

Is there any work around for solving these issues, please?

Daniel