On 14.04.08, Eran Kaplinsky wrote:
> Clever, indeed. You should add it to the WIKI.

> I adapted it to my needs:

>    \renewcommand{\labelenumi}{\textbf{\thesection.\arabic{enumi}}}

> Now I need two further changes:
> First, to correct the indentation, so that the paragraph number is flush
> with the left number and the rest of the text is not hanging, but also
> flush.
> Second, to create a second (and possibly third level):

Use the article (KOMA-script) (or report or book (KOMA-script) document class.

Use the "paragraph" Style for paragraph and "subparagraph" for 2nd level.

Set the numbering depth in Document>Settings so that the "paragraph" and
"subparagraph" are numbered.

Read scrguien.pdf for the preamble commands needed for formatting the
numbers according to your need.

If you need 3 levels of paragraphs, you might use subsubsection,
paragraph, and subparagraph with some more format-redefinitions.

(Untested, but from what I read in scrguide.pdf it should be possible.)

Guenter