I have the layout of a Memoir book title page defined in LyX using LaTeX, because it is too complex to be done with the LyX editor. One line of it is this:

\includegraphics[scale=0.1]{terminuspress.png}

terminuspress.png is in the same directory as the LyX file, but I've also tried using a full path to terminuspress.png. In either case, it comes out on the title page as an empty box - the correct size, so obviously it is seeing the image at one point - and the full path to the image printed across it.

It makes no difference whether I have this line in my preamble, or in ERT in the body of my document, or even - maddeningly - if I break the ERT and include the graphic in normal LyX mode then resume the ERT. However if I put the line in ERT in an otherwise *blank* document it does work...? Also, I do have other graphics in my text that come out fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I get the empty box?

Also, a completely unrelated question but not worth making a separate message about, in my table of contents I have long page numbers like xxxiii that go over the right margin to which all the other page numbers are justified. Can anyone suggest how to get them to line up?

TIA

BTW: A while ago I added to the LyX Wiki about how to include multiple indexes in your document. If you are interested it is here: http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Indexing#toc4 .

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor

Luxury Perth apartment for sale!
http://www.yourestate.com.au/sresult.php?property_id=8581