Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Hi

Why are the table too wide?
Because you wrote too much text inside.
I dont want to spent time fixing the table width. I suggest 2 possible options if the table is too wide.

1) scale font so all text can be there in one line
2) break the text inside the table into multiple lines
As you show - there are several ways of doing this. they look very different, so
clearly the computer cannot make the choice automatically. Different people
may want to do this differently, after all. When breaking text inside the table,
what columns would you want to do that with? Perhaps you want one of them
a little wider than the other because it is more important? LyX simply can't
guess such things.

You can change the font if you like. Or you can make a table column fixed-width
and then the text inside will break into lines automatically.

Do you know any other word processor that do this automatically - and
gets it right also?

Helge Hafting