On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> econkramer wrote:
>
> > well,
> >
> > how??
> >
> > but more important...what if i do not what - for instance - the ams
> layout,
> > but i want its environments, like address, email, and so forth? How might
> > do? How might I type the commands?
> >

>  If you want these environments, then you have to use a document class that
> provides them, or else define them yourself using LaTeX and write a layout
> file for the new class or package. You might want to check out some of the
> other article classes, such as the koma-script article class, or the paper
> class, which do things a bit differently. And if you want to change aspects
> of the layout, you can use packages like titlesec to do so. Everything can
> be tweaked, but the tweaking usually involves LaTeX.
>
>  rh

You can generally set these up just by entering the text and placing
the text with vertical or horizontal spacing. Vertical spacing can be
entered with Insert->Formatting->Vertical Space. Horizontal spacing
can be entered with Insert->Formatting->Horizontal Fill, which will
right align items (or evenly space them) or if you want a specific
amount of space use, in ERT, \hspace{1cm}. Just adjust everything to
your needs.

If I remember correctly the upcoming LyX 1.6.0 will allow for use of
other layout options with 'modules', but otherwise as Richard pointed
out this not easily accomplished or takes some work to accomplish.

Cheers,
/Bob