Desilets, Alain wrote:
Dear Lyx users,

I am a total newbie user of Lyx, using it to co-write a paper with two =
other folks. The paper is due in 4 days (Sat May 3rd), and we seem =
unable to generate a PDF file from the .lyx file.

The only person in our team who knows how to use Lyx and Latex is in =
Cuba right now and is mostly incommunicado.

The problem is that when we try to generate a PDF file from the .lyx =
file, we get a bunch of "Undefined control sequence" errors.

We generate the PDF using: File > Export > pdflatex.

This used to work about a week ago, but it doesn't anymore. No idea why.

I tried to debug the .lyx file by deleting text from the end, and found
=
that even if I delete everything except the very first instruction:

\conferenceinfo{WikiSym'08,} {September 8--10, 2008, Porto, Portugal.}

The PDF generation still fails.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated and will greatly =
improve your future Karma I'm sure ;-).

It seems like you must be using the wrong document class. The \conferenceinfo command isn't standard LaTeX but will be defined by some document class. Probably this setting got changed. So what do you have under Doucument>Settings>Document Class?

rh