Maka Mohu wrote:
Hi!
I use LyX 1.5.3. I have in my .bashrc the following:

export TEXMFLOCAL=/home/maka/me/database/documents/texmf
#    bibtex, add to default setup.
export BIBINPUTS=$TEXMFLOCAL/bibtex/bib:

I can add the  "test.bib" which comes with the installation and my bib file
say bibfile.bib but when I go to cite the reference I only see references
from test.bib but not mine. I tried to add the citation manually to .lyx
file since I know the name and it worked but this inconvenient since I can
not go edit .lyx file every time I want to insert a citation. Can any body
help? Thanks.

You may need to run texhash so that TeX knows your bibfile is there. And you may also need to reconfigure LyX.

rh