Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at the packaged tex file and it includes an article.cls file. I'm not familiar with LaTex tags but it seems that the article.cls file included in package declares the control sequences that I'm referring. Now the problem is, how can I make LyX use that cls file instead of the one included in the LaTex distribution? (I think LaTex uses the original article.cls and not the one that is included in the package. Both files, the imported tex file and the cls file are in the same folder).

Thanks,
Jeff