Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Olivier Ripoll schrieb:

It works fine here (no crash yet). As for the previous versions (svn1 and svn2), the installer detects that I have the dictionaries installed (English and French), but spell checking fails complaining:
  The Spellchecker could not be started
  No words list can be found for the language "en_US".
I see the same message in the console when I start lyx from there.

I couldn't reproduce this problem. Does Aspell work with your existing LyX 1.5 installation?

I did not have 1.5 installed. So I installed yesterday the 1.5.4 from LyX-1.5.4-1-Installer.exe. During the installation, I checked the download of English and French dictionaries. As for 1.6, the spellchecking does not work (same error message, but only as a popup, I do not see it in the console if I start LyX from there... probably some debug option).

The other things I noticed may be related to LyX and my installation, not the windows version in particular (although point 3 may be windows-related):

[...]

3- pdf conversion issue. I make my graphics with Inkscape 0.46 and export them as pdf (via Cairo). They have unconventional page size (fitting the graphic, as a bounding box) and are displayed correctly in adobe reader (v8), foxit reader, and gsview.
However, the display in LyX "kind of" maps them onto a Letter or A4 page.

This was a bug in Imagemagick. When you are using a recent Imagemagick version (at least version 6.3.8-11, the one that it installed when you install LyX 1.5.4 using my installer), this problem shouldn't occur.

You are right on the spot. I installed version 6.4.1 and the pdf are now displayed fine in LyX.

When this doesn't fix your problem, could you send me by private mail a PDF wehre you see the bug? I then guess it's a bug in the PDF handling of Inkscape.

regards Uwe

Thanks for the hints/help.

Best regards.

Olivier.