On Thu, 15 May 2008, Daniel CLEMENT wrote:

Some recent threads raised this question. It's indeed one thing that did puzzle me under Linux (Ubuntu), especially when compared to a Windows install.

Thanks, this helped me - now Lyx no longer complains after a recompile, and many of the classes are available. I've written some notes on this page:

        http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnUbuntu

own list of useful packages. I could post it here if someone asks, or maybe it could go to the Wiki page Peleg Michaeli has started.

Please add it to the wiki page, I'd certainly appreciate it!

/Christian