On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Adrian Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Thank you very much for your help.  Sorry to bug everyone with these
> questions.  I only have a few more weeks to finish my thesis and I am
> determined to use Lyx to get it done :).  Not being a Lyx/Latex expert, the
> help I'm getting from this user group is invaluable.  If I can get all these
> issues fixed, I am will turn over a "golden" Lyx template to the university
> so lots of other students can benefit.
>
> I have another TOC question.  For some reason, the words 'Abstract', 'List
> of Tables' and 'List of Figures' are not in all-caps in the TOC.  Is there a
> way to force them to be in caps?  All the other first level titles are in
> caps as required.  I looked at the Lyx TOC setup and it only lets me choose
> the depth being displayed not the formatting.  Thank you again.
>
> Adrian

Just as an aside, this is a bottom posting mail list :-}.

I'm not sure if there is a way to 'force' these names to be in caps by
default, but there is a way to call them anything you like with
commands like:

\renewcommand\contentsname{TABLE OF CONTENTS}
\renewcommand\listfigurename{LIST OF FIGURES}
\renewcommand\listtablename{LIST OF TABLES}
\renewcommand\abstractname{ABSTRACT}

Although this puts the items in caps within the document and the toc.
Not sure if that's what you want. I'm also not sure what you're doing
to insert the lot, lof, and abstract into the toc in the first place,
which would play a role in all of this too.

Cheers,
/Bob