On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM, "George G. Szegö" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'd just like to report that LyX version 1.5.5 repeatedly crashes after I
> updated the MAC OS X to the newly released version 10.5.3 of the
> operating system yesterday.
>
> LyX 1.5.5 doesn't even open properly showing only the top menu and
> an entirely blurred GUI. I got a bit desperate because I wouldn't be able
> to work on my thesis, but I reinstalled LyX 1.5.4 and it is working so far.
> Apple's update messed up whatever has been changed in LyX 1.5.5
> from its previous version 1.5.4.

I haven't experienced any problem with it, so I'll need more help figuring
out what the problem might be. Do you have a PPC or Intel Mac? Do you have
any other unusual software installed that might alter the appearance of
windows across applications? (If so, what happens if you disable it and
restart?)

> By the way, I'd like to congratulate you for the great effort in bringing
> LyX to people like me. I will be making a nice donation as soon as
> I finish my PhD and find a real job. At the moment, I don't even have
> a scholarship anymore.

Thanks!

Bennett