Hi,

I installed Lyx 1.5.5 (using the alternative windows installer) on a 64-bit
Vista machine.  The first time I launched it I noticed that Lyx was not
coming up and this command shell indicating that inittexmf.exe was running
would pop-up every couple of minutes.   I let this continue for about 30
min. and then killed latex manually at which point Lyx then launched.
However, I noticed that none of the document types were available.  After
looking into this further, I figured out that MikeTex did not have write
permission to refresh it database.  So I gave full control to user on which
Lyx and Miketex were installed, refreshed the dB and launched Lyx.  It
seemed to work fine.  However, I notice that whenever I reconfigure Lyx or
do an export, the cmd dialog for initexmf.exe keeps popping up.  Everything
seems to be working fine, but I am just wondering why this is occuring since
I have not noticed this before on previous versions of Lyx.  Thanks.

Adrian