On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 11:44 AM, James Sutherland
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Does Insert->Float->Text Wrap Float not work? You can also look at
>> Help->Embedded Objects->Section 3.2.2 for more info, looks like you
>> would need to use the wrapfig package.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> /Bob
>>

> I have inserted the figure, but it doesn't float too well.  It seems to be
> pinned to the point of insertion.  See attached image.  In this case, a
> footnote runs through the figure.  Perhaps this is a problem/limitation with
> wrapfig?
>
> James

Have you followed the advise in Help->Embedded Objects->Section 3.2.2?
I've copied the advise below:

Note: Text wrap float floats are fragile! E. g. having a figure too
close to the bottom of the page can mess things up in the way that the
float doesn't appear in the output or that it is placed over some
other text.

In general:

• Wrap floats should not be placed in paragraphs that run over a page
break. That means that wrap floats should better be inserted to the
exact place when the document is nearly finished and you are able to
estimate where page breaks will appear.

• Wrap floats should either be placed in an own paragraph before the
paragraph where they should wrap into or within a paragraph.

• Wrap floats in consecutive paragraphs may cause troubles, so assure
that there is a text paragraph between them as separator.

• Wrap floats are not allowed in section headings or tables.
EndQuote

It seems you may want to wait until your document is finished and then
adjust as necessary,

Cheers,
/Bob