On 16.06.08, James Sutherland wrote:
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:53 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
>> James Sutherland wrote:

Really? What does it then?

>>> Just restart the itemized list.

>>> James
>> What if it was the other way round?  I wouldn't want to restart the
>> enumeration, but continue it.  The whole design of TeX was around
>> nested environments.  It seems easy enough to start enclosing one env
>> inside another in LyX, but how to end the env?

> It works just fine.  See the attached example.

LyX "merges" consecutive paragraphs of the same Layout into a
common LaTeX environment. Something nested inside a paragraph will not
break this behaviour.

* Setting the next paragraph after the nested list to "Enumerate"
  will continue the enumeration.

* To start a new enumeration, you have to separate the paragraphs with
  something different than a "Enumerate" paragraph.

  The "--- Environment Separator ---" is devised for this purpose; it
  will persist even if empty, shows a blue label in LyX and produces
  no output.

Günter