I have a long document, containing some mathematics and some graphics, created last year with LyX/Mac 1.3.4 (or perhaps even an earlier version). I have since upgraded to LyX/Mac 1.5.4 and tossed 1.3.4. But now when I open this file in 1.5.4, doing View > View PDF (pdflatex) shows a bunch of new error messages, all of these types:

Missing $ inserted.
Extra }, or forgotten $.
LaTeX Error: Bad math environment delimiter.
LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.
Missing } inserted.

Last time I opened this file (three months ago), it could be viewed without error in 1.3.4. Other similar documents, created with 1.3.4, seem to be fine in 1.5.4.

Anybody know what's going on? (NB: I'm a LyX intermediate and a TeX novice.)

Bruce