On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM, elswood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have installed lyX 1.53 from the Ubuntu 8.4 repositories.  But it
> frequently crashes when accessing lyx document files on my computer.  Is
> this a bug that is fixed with lyX 1.55?  And how do I install it?  (It
> isn't in the repositories.)  If someone could let me know how to proceed
> I would be grateful.
>
> Thanks!

I've just recently installed 8.04 so I cannot confirm or deny. I know
there were issues with newer qt4 packages and LyX. You could search
the archive for this info, if I remember correctly the fix was to
either downgrade qt4 or upgrade LyX.

To install LyX from source please reference this very recent post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg65435.html

Cheers,
/Bob