On Tuesday 24 June 2008 15:13 +0200, G. Milde wrote:

> On 24.06.08, Daniel CLEMENT wrote:
> > I use a US int'l keyboard I have the "dead keys" setup, getting
> > accented characters by typing the accent, then the character.
>
> > However, the cedilla-c: ç is obtained by "acute accent + c". This is the
> > case in almost every program. But LyX gives me an accented c!
>
> I suppose that it is converted to character 'ć' (263, 0x107)
> 0107  LATIN SMALL LETTER C WITH ACUTE
> by the OS and inserted as-is by LyX.

Sure, but why doesn't the OS convert to ç like in most other programs?
LyX must have something to do with it.

> > How could I teach LyX to type the cedilla-c instead? I tried to tweak a
> > kmap file (details below) but I did not succeed so far.
>
> I suppose you can do without a kmap file and use a bind file to
> bind ć to ç but I do not know about the required syntax.
>
> Günter

Well, since the ć does not appear in any bind file that I know, I
thought a kmap file was a more appropriate. Anyhow, I tried

\bind "'c" "ç"

and

\bind "ç" "ç"

... neither worked (still getting ć). I miss the correct syntax!

--

Daniel Clément