Hi Adi,

Offhand, no, I don't know the default settings. It'll be around
somewhere, but that doesn't help you <grin>.

The reason I suggested speaking with the publisher is that they should
be able to inform you concerning good margin sizes. The correct answer
depends on a number of factors, including text (point) size, paper
size, number of pages (creep) and the style of binding (perfect,
burst, ring, etc). If they can't/won't help you, you could aways print
a sample page from lyx and take the measurements from that.

HTH
Nigel