Hello,

think it would be nice, to sum up how a LyX-file can be exported to HTML under WIN, it works
difficultly in my case (LyX 1.5.5):

Method 1 (long-winded if there are many pictures - has anybody a better idea?!?):
But: It produces a good output!
- make sure, that every picture is available in a .jpg or .png - format (Maybe it's enough
  to have a format that can be read by lyx and a html-browser)
- Export the LyX-file via "Latex (Plain)"
- Copy the resulting .tex-file ("filename.tex") into an extra-directory
- move in the commandline of Windows (german: "Eingabeaufforderung") to that extra-directory
- type "htlatex filename.tex"
- Open the resulting html-file ("filename.html") in a browser
Problem: the quality of the pictures may be worse than the original ones, so do this: - Open the sourcecode of the filename.html in a text-editor (parallel to the browser)
- Copy the original PNG- or JPG-pictures into the created extra-directory
- Find the names of the pictures in the browser and replace these names with the name
  or the original picture (for all pictures)
- After finishing save the modified sourcecode under a different filename
  ("filename-modified.html" - just for safety)
- Open the modified .html-file with the browser: The quality of the pictures should
  match the quality of the originals now.

{Method 2 (does'nt work in my case, the pictures and converted formulas are not displayed
because the pictures seem to be saved nowhere):
Convert with LyX  ("htlatex $$i"    with additional flag "needaux")}

{Method 3 (does'nt work in my case because the latex2html-package can not be found):
Convert with LyX
("latex2html -no_subdir -no_navigation -split 0 -show_section_numbers $$i"
with additional flag "needaux")}

I found the last method in a (german) LyX-Manual - maybe that should be updated.

WOULD BE VERY NICE, IF SOMEONE COULD SUM UP HIS SUCCESSFUL METHODS TO CONVERT INTO HTML UNDER WINDOWS! ANY HINTS TO INCLUDE URLS (probably it's written somewhere, but I didn't
look for it until now)?

Thanks!

Matthias Diehl