On Jul 11, 2008, at 2:07 PM, bigblop wrote:

I have made a main.lyx file that includes a few child documents as input files. But when I am compiling a child document the whole document does not get updated. This means that each time I want to se the changes I have made
I need to compile the main.lyx file which is rather annoying.

Is there someway to compile the main.lyx file from a child document?

"Annoying" to one is a "nice feature" to another. This is actually really a nice feature in LyX because you can actually compile and view child documents independently from the parent, and with different formatting (line spacing, margins, etc.). This is not easily done in LaTeX.

I just switch the focus in LyX back to the "main" file and compile it. Then you get the whole thing.

James