Hi,
Mark has provided a handy UNSW thesis layout based on the amsbook for lyx (
http://www.threewordslong.com/blog/entry/63/A_LyX_Thesis_Layout_for_UNSW_T)
and I found it pretty nice in general for what I need, saving a lot of
hassle of creating all the required pages from scratch.

However, I would like to make a few changes and not very sure how I can do
that without messing with the lengthy amsbook style.
1. Bigger fonts for all the chapter/section/subsection
2. Change the Chapter/Section to be Left aligned
3. A new line for subsubsection

I have tried to change the class to book/memoir style and it looks obvious
that the layout doesn't work because some of the preambles depend on amsbook
stuff (my guess).  Any idea would be much appreciated.