Cristian Baltaretu wrote:
Hi,

I am using Lyx 1.5.1 on Ubuntu Linux.

I have a problem when trying to use the txfonts package: everything looks beautiful except that any integral sign (/int) is replaced in dvi and pdf output with a large intersection operator with a plus sign inside it. I have reproduced this error on both my Linux and Windows box. On Linux I'm using texlive, while on Windows, I use MikTeX with Lyx 1.5.5. I'm suspecting the integral and the operator commands were switched. I do work on path integrals, so my documents feature the integral sign a lot, and this error keeps me from using the txfonts package, which I otherwise love. Can anybody help me fix this problem?

I reproduced this on Win XP (MiKTeX 2.6, LyX 1.5.5). Try turning off the esint package (Document -> Settings... -> Math Options). That fixes the integral sign for me.

/Paul