Hi all,

I'm trying to make a simple clone of the Enumerate environment. Once I can do
that, I'll make a few changes. But I've not been able to clone it. Here's my
layout file:

#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass[book]{quizbook}

Input stdclass.inc

Preamble
\let\questions = \enumerate
\let\oldquestions = \oldenumerate
EndPreamble

Style Questions
        Margin                Static
        LatexType             Item_Environment
        LatexName             questions
        NextNoIndent          1
        LeftMargin            MMN
        LabelSep              xx
        ParSkip               0.0
        ItemSep               0.2
        TopSep                0.7
        BottomSep             0.7
        ParSep                0.3
        Align                 Block
        AlignPossible         Block, Left
        LabelType             Enumerate
End

The preceding layout produces the output shown in the attached
screenshot_questions.gif. However, if I change the LatexName in the LyX
environment from "questions" to "enumerate", it outputs as shown in the
attached screenshot_enumerate.gif.

Can somebody explain to me why the two don't output the same? Can somebody
explain how I can truly clone the Enumerate environment?

NOTE: In order to toggle the output when switching between LatexType questions
and LatexType enumerate, you must Tools->reconfigure and then terminate and
restart LyX. Trust me on this -- I tried without reconfiguring and the output
didn't toggle.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt