I read all of my PDFs on the computer now, rather than print them out. Hence
I always like it when people use internal referencing within their PDFs.
Other than a basic reference to a figure number or external URL it is
sometime handy to link a word in your document to a particular section so
that it can be clicked on to navigate to that page.

For example, sometimes I mention a name. At the end of my PDF I list who all
the people are I have mentioned. I can create an internal reference with
some ERT to the persons description

\hypertarget{lyx:H.-Kiel}{H.\,Kiel}  - sets the label

\hyperlink{lyx:H.-Kiel}{H.\,Kiel}  - links back to the label

Is there a way in LyX to do this without the ERTs? I can't even figure it
out in LyX 1.6beta4

In the insert cross-refference tool it has a field to specify a name, but
you can't enter anything in the field. Does anyone know what this is for?
Should I be using prettyref - what ever it is?

Cheers,

Chris.