On 14.07.08, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> "G. Milde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > compiling LyX from the source took me some hours, so I thought I could
> > install from a tarball on my second machine. However, trying with
> >
> >   make dist-bzip2

> Does it work now?

Sort of: it complained about a too long path name for one of the .svn/...
paths.

After removing all the .svn directories, I was able to `make dist` creating
both bzip2 and gz source tarball.

Only now I realized that the dist* targets create a *source* tarball,
while I would like a *binary* tarball for transfer of the compiled lyx to
my second machine.

Is there an easy way to make a *binary* tarball out of the SVN sources?

Otherwise, I'll try with keeping a SVN checkout on my USB-stick, compile
on one machine and `make install` on both machines...

Günter