On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Manveru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This was discussed some time ago that plenty security rules does not allow
> LyX team and other to publish such packages. There is a team in Ubuntu which
> should be responsible for preparing secure reviewed packages for
> Ubuntu/Debian users. Try to join them if you want contribute in pacakge
> preparation.

I am not sure what team you are talking about. Tomasz could manage a
PPA for lyx, see:
   https://help.launchpad.net/PPA?action=show&redirect=PPAQuickStart
However this is only for Ubuntu.

I was thinking of building a deb of 1.5.7 upon release for debian
stable "etch" users, e.g. Eeepc users. Is there a way of doing this
such that I can share this deb with other LyX users?

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student