Julián Suárez wrote:
thanks for the quick response, I tried what you suggested and now I have a class called toptesi in Lyx, but when I try to use it even on an empty doc, it gives me an error and says "the document could not be converted into the document class toptesi".....so what should I do in this case?

Sorry, I made a silly mistake somewhere. Open toptesi.layout, and where it says "Format 6", change it to "Format 4".

rh

thx