On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Sengly Heng wrote:

I am looking for help in getting a springer class works. I have searched
through the web and the forum and tried to modified this and that but
still I could not manage to get it working. There is always this message:

Sengly,

  Here's what I have:

/usr/local/share/lyx/tex/svmono.cls
/usr/local/share/lyx/layouts/svmono.layout
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/svmono.cls
/home/rshepard/.lyx/layouts/svmono.layout
/home/rshepard/.lyx/layouts/svmono.cls

  Don't forget to run texhash when you're finished so LyX and LaTeX find the
files when they need them.

Rich