Miriam,

mirjam wrote:
I had lyx 1.5.3 with menu language german (on OSX 10.4.11).
I downloaded lyx 1.5.6 today, now my menu is unfortunately in english.

This is a known bug in the Mac release of LyX 1.5.6.

tried
to change the menu language with the  ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist as
mentioned above (http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/Environment) but could't make it.

In the Finder, choole Go -> Go to Folder and enter "~/.MacOSX/" (without the double quotes) to go to this hidden foler. If it the folder does not exist, create it.

If you do not have an environment.plist file in there yet, copy the attached file into this ~/.MacOSX/ folder and you are done.

If you do have and environment.plist file in "~/.MacOSX/" already, double-click on it and add a "new child" under root with property "LANG", class "String" and value "de_DE".

You could/should remove this again after a new version of LyX/Mac is released.

You need to restart for the change to take effect.

HTH,
Konrad
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>