2008/8/16 Rudi Gaelzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> [...]
>

> > (2) Or do you want the figures to be visible in the PDF, but
> > nevertheless loaded from external files when the PDF file is opened
> > (like an external graphics in Word)?
> > I have never seen something like this. To my best knowledge,  PDF
> > files have to be self-contained. So this is most probably not possible.
>
> Yep.  That's it.
> Anyone knows if that's possible?

I've never seen such PDF file even for printing services where for example
in InDesign images are linked into the publication - not embedded. Resulted
PS or PDF always contains all stuff inside. I saw an option to have special
EPS with linked images (i think TIFF format) - I forgot the name of this
functionality.

--
Manveru
jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]