On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Rich Shepard wrote:

 I cannot use \textservicemark without compile errors when using pdflatex.
However, I can use \texttrademark without a burp. According to my symbols
list, the latter has a LaTeX2e kludge while the former does not. The former
requires textcomp. Is that a package?

  More:

  I added \usepackage{textcomp} to the preamble and saw the error message
that \textservicemark is not provided by the package textcomp. However, in
textcomp.sty (2004/02/22 v1.99f) there is the line,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@symbol2\textservicemark}

  I'd appreciate someone teaching me why I'm seeing the error and how to
correct it.

Rich