On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM, wangyq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. My lyx version is 1.5.6. Sorry for typesetting mistakes.
> 2. I tried your approach. But it still failed to reconfigure. I deleted the
> lyx directory from Application Data Directory and ran Texhash. A Dos window
> appeared and some commands are executed automatically in the window. But
> after it finished. nothing was produced in the Application Data directory.
>

> The system reconfiguration has failed.
>  Default textclass is usedbut Lyx may not able to work properly.
> Please reconfigure again if needed.
>
> 3. I alto tried the approach suggested by Paul A. Rubin.
> http://n2.nabble.com/%22Document-Class-not-Available%22-error-message-td480879.html
> This approach also failed.
>
> 4. When I open any lyx document, a prompt window shows:
> The layout file required by this document, *****.layout, is not usable.

There is a problem with your TeX installation. I'm assuming you have
MiKTeX installed. If it were installed correctly there wouldn't be
problem in LyX. I remember at times on this list there was a problem
with MiKTeX if you selected anything but the default options during
the install also if you didn't have an open internet connection.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to ensure you have an
open internet connection and update or re-install MiKTeX.

Cheers,
/Bob